Friday 1 January 2016

Beth's Story

"After returning from Australia, due to a breakdown of my marriage, I applied for JSA one week after coming back into the UK. After signing on every two weeks, 4 weeks later I received a letter saying I would not be entitled to any payment because I was not habitually resident. I was born and have worked in this country since I left in 2003. Both myself and my kids are British. Jobcentre Plus told me to seek help via Cheshire West and Chester Council. Once again they won't help me as I am not receiving any benefits. So my two kids and I receive no money at all. My parents have taken us in, so that my kids have a roof over their heads. They are OAPs. I am not even able to apply for to have free school meals, so without the help of foodbank, myself and my kids would be hungry." 

Thank you so much to Elisabeth for sharing her experience with us.