Tuesday 18 March 2014

Jamie's Story

"My crisis was caused by a misunderstanding by myself on how the lady at the dole wrote down my appointment. She wrote a numerical date and wrote Thursday next to it so I thought the date was on a Thursday. So I went for my appointment and once there I realised I was a day late. I saw a lady and showed her the paperwork and she was sincere and said she could see how I'd misunderstood. She put the information on a computer and explained it had to go to a decision maker but that I'd be ok. I found out I'd been sanctioned when I went to collect money and there was none in my account and I was told on the phone when I queried where my money was. I have appealed and this was a month ago and I'm still waiting to hear".

Thanks to Jamie for sharing what happened with us.