Thursday 12 June 2014

Ashley's Story

"I have had delays in my benefit payments due to address issues such as having no fixed address, living in a lodge not considered a permanent address and address changes. My bank have been taking half of any payments. I have had to cover charges incurred whilst working and [the bank] said if I don't like it, [to] get my money paid elsewhere, but I can't as I have no ID. 

My latest claim has delayed my payment following address change and Easter holiday leaving me with absolutely nothing. Ultimately the root cause of my entire long term predicament is the break up of my long term relationship with the love of my life which with hindsight rendered me (hopefully temporarily) completely disfunctional. I think about it everyday but am still trying to progress back to normal."

Thanks to Ashley for sharing this with us.