Thursday 19 June 2014

Allan's Story

"I have been sanctioned for four weeks by JCP because I was unable to attend a course because I was ill. I had a stomach upset and I went to the pharmacist for advice and medication not the doctor (I have not needed a doctor for 35 years). This meant I did not have a doctors note and although I wrote to explain this was not good enough. Unfortunately the pharmacist does not know me either. The sanction has now ended but I still have to pay off the debts that accumulated during that period which included not only the four weeks but the two weeks of 'hardship payment'. Last week I was back on the full amount less deductions but because of the extra payments I cannot make ends meet this week. I was a cleaner on contract on zero hours and now there are no hours."

Thank you to Allan for sharing this with us.