Tuesday 8 April 2014

Pete's Story

"I was laid off in November 2012 from a council contract. I had been looking for work until I had an accident to my right lower leg on 27th June 2013. I received ESA. I had to go into hospital for an operation and this was postponed from the 3rd to the 17th February. Meanwhile my benefit was stopped. I have had the operation but have been told I cannot have any benefit (JSA) until 25th February. In fact I am still needing another operation and am not really fit for work. I have been a driver. I plan to appeal against the refusal of ESA.  I have applied for DLA and was told I would be interviewed at home between 10-15th February. I waited at home but no one came and I was not contacted".

Thanks to Pete for taking the time to share his story with us. We really appreciate it.