Wednesday 27 August 2014

Scott's Story


"I was stopped ESA following an assessment after a knee operation. At the time I was unable to work and I was using crutches but didn't receive any points to continue to qualify for ESA. On the 18th of June my benefits completely stopped. I have not received any money since. I visited [a local advice charity] who are supporting me and have written to jobcentre plus about my situation and that I am not fit enough for work at present. They gave me a voucher for food. Prior to problems with my knees I have worked for various employers and was also in the army for two and a half years. I would like to work if I was not suffering with knee problems. I have ongoing appointments, treatment and possibly further surgery."


Our thanks to Scott for sharing his story with us.